7/8/09

Week One: Day 3

The hardest thing besides getting up at 4 am, has to be without a doubt cutting back on my only addiction. Coffee. I am trying to drink Green Tea instead. And although I really like Green Tea I miss my coffee. I look forward to my coffee every morning. They say coffee helps to wake you up because of the caffeine but for me, just thinking about drinking my coffee makes me want to get out of bed and actually go and drink it. THAT get's me up. Now, I put my little tea bag in my "coffee" mug and it just doesn't make me excited. I think this will be the one thing I might not be able to change. Coffee isn't bad when it's your only vice, right?

In a related development I hear reading Facebook is another good way to start your day if you're having trouble waking up. For example, if say maybe you sleep with your pretty little pink blackberry next to your bed and you see you have messages...I mean, I hear it helps if you try to read them as you wake up. I hear it's suppose to help force your eyes open too. They say it's hard at first and you might have to only open one squinty eye while the other sleeps but I think I'll give it a try.

Wednesday: Ran 1.5 miles in the morning and 2 miles for lunch.


Lauren woke up again! So she went to Lifetime Fitness with me and kicked the soccer ball around the field while I ran. That's why I had to squeeze in another run for lunch. I love her.


Peter came with me to run for lunch but don't feel sorry for him. He was fine. Me, not so much. Apparently you get really hot and dizzy if you run in 100 degree weather. Who'd a thought?

So far my runs are still very hard and I am sure I will struggle with it for a long time. Maybe forever...But it's ok, I am ready for the challenges. My body is hurting but it's nothing I can't handle. It's the mental challenges I am most in fear of.
And my body hurting.

I have my training schedule in place and Saturdays' will be my "long" run days. I am only on my first week so this Saturday I only have to run 4 miles. But like on week 7, I will be running 10 miles. Did you hear me? I said 10 miles in one day. Anyone want to join me?


Something else I discovered, if you don't have runners legs, (which I don't) meaning if your thighs are touching when you run, they WILL chafe. I love this stuff. Still not sure how to use it on my feet though.

Peace

~bev

Share This Post!

Bookmark and Share
Everytime I watch this movie I get so excited about running. I also get very nervous. This movie also makes me very emotional for some reason. When this movie came out in theatres I went to see it all by myself and it's a good thing too because I was crying almost the whole time. Very embarassing.

The Spirit of the Marathon